Thursday, April 18, 2013

4/15/13 Jackie Robinson Day

On Monday MLB celebrated Brooklyn Dodger Legend Jackie Robinson.

The game started around 7:00 and I was able to get there when the gates opened at 4:40. As soon as I got near the foul pole I heard Matt Kemp say he'd sign after practice. When practice was over he went and signed by the expensive box seats and I wasn't allowed to got there. I saw Brandon League signing but I already got him. It was fun watching the Dodgers practice even though I didn't get any thing signed. My seats are right up against the Dodger bullpen. As I took my seat I saw Steve Yeager was signing. I had a card of him but I was to high to hand it to him so I tossed my team ball to him. It was interesting watching Chad Billingsley warm up. As he was pitching Clayton Kershaw took a seat and watched Chad pitch. Fans started asking Kershaw for his autograph but he put his index on his lips and silenced everyone. The dodgers were giving away a statue of Dodger greats Jackie Robinson, Don Newcombe and Roy Campanella. One thing that bothered me was seeing a whole section empty. I know some people buy extra tickets in order to sell the Giveaways on eBay but a whole section, really!? I know people who showed up right before game time and didn't get a statue. I think the Dodgers should giveaway exactly as many giveaway products as there are seats in the stadium . That way no one goes home empty handed.









No comments:

Post a Comment